Alison Lee has focused on criminal defense and appellate work since she began practicing law over a decade ago. She has been with Norwood & Norwood, P.A. for the majority of her legal career and has successfully handled in excess of 1,000 felony and misdemeanor cases. She has also worked on many appeals for the firm. She uses her passion and knowledge of the law to work toward obtaining great results for our clients.
Alison was hand-picked by Doug and Cathy Norwood over 13 years ago because of rave reviews from other lawyers about her skill.
Alison holds a Juris Doctorate from the University of Arkansas School of Law and an honors English degree from the University of Arkansas. She is licensed in Arkansas, the Federal Western District of Arkansas, and the Federal Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. She has argued cases in most of the courtrooms in Northwest Arkansas, as well as before the Eight Circuit Court of Appeals.
Since Alison believes in giving back to the community and that volunteer experience adds to her ability to creatively and zealously represent clients in the criminal justice system, she is involved in several organizations. Currently, Alison is the president of the Buffalo River Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to conserving the Buffalo National River. She is a member of the Committee of 100, a non-profit dedicated to supporting the Ozark Folk Center in Mountain View, Arkansas. Additionally, she was voted a board member of the Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
In her free time, Alison loves being with her family, being outdoors, and traveling.
- University of Arkansas School of Law: J.D.
- University of Arkansas: B.A. in Honors English
- Arkansas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Vice President
- Adjunct Professor at the University of Arkansas School of Law
- Benton County Bar Association Member
- Washington County Bar Association Member
- Arkansas Bar Association Member
- Licensed in the federal Western District of Arkansas
- Licensed in federal Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
Community & Volunteer Work
- Buffalo River Foundation: Board President
- Committee of 100 for the Ozark Folk Center: Member & Fundraising Chair
- SuperLawyers Rising Star
“I love how the law is so nuanced, which allows me to use creativity to get the best result for our clients. Understanding that the legal process can be confusing and frightening, I work to ease our clients' fears.”